When we tell people we work at an online feather store, they usually say the same thing:
"Feathers? Who buys feathers?"
Well, it turns out that lots of people buy feathers, for lots of different reasons.
In fact, the sheer variety in our broad customer base is one of the most delightful things about our business! We supply feathers to everyone from showgirls to cleaning ladies, fly fisherman to florists!
- Burlesque Performers envelop themselves in our luxurious feather fans and feather boas.
- Fashion Designers and self-styled fashionistas use our feathers on clothes, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and more.
- Milliners who are dedicated to reviving the noble art of hat-making use our feathers in all shapes and sizes to decorate hats.
- Event Planners use our feathers to add elegance and novelty with feather centerpieces and other party feather decorations.
- Carnivals around the world use our beautiful plumage to embellish their masks, costumes, and headdresses.
- Florists use our feathers to make stunning flower-feather bouquets and feather arrangements.
- Movie studios, theatre troupes, and stage performers of all kinds often incorporate our feather products for props and costumes.
- Blushing Brides love our custom high tech dye facility because we can match their color themes with feathers custom dyed to match everything from gowns to invitations to decorations.
- Fly fishing enthusiasts use our feathers for tying flies. The fish like them too!
- Our ostrich feather dusters are a favorite with the janitorial supply industry, who appreciate the superior quality of genuine ostrich feathers for cleaning delicate objects and electronics equipment.
Our Team and some of our clients
Most of the people on the FancyFeather.com team were previously employed at Ostrich.com for almost ten years. It was at Ostrich.com that we honed our skills providing feathers for high fashion designers, the Spice Girls, Christina Aguilera in the movie "Burlesque', Bette Midler, Queen Latifah, Glenn Close, Disney, Cirque du Soleil, Michelle L'Amour, and even Sesame Street: we feathered Big Bird! In 2012 we sponsored The Burlesque Hall of Fame, Dallas Burlesque Fest, Windy City Burlesque Fest, London Burlesque Fest, BurlyCon Seattle with Miss Indigo Blue, and Michelle L'Amour~ Superstars of Burlesque to name a few!
Bachelor Pad magazine cover with our feather fans and 2013 Queen of Burlesque
We launched FancyFeather.com in January, 2012. We are a tight-knit, committed group of friends and family with a common goal. Our mission, at the end of the transaction, is to provide you with a smile. We do ship internationally, and we have learned over the years that feathers and smiles go together, and they have no language barrier.
You can't fake our level of teamwork! It is apparent in everything we do, from our enthusiastic customer service to our pride in workmanship. We hope you enjoy our products!
Questions about feathers? If there's anything special you need that you can't find here, or if you have any questions about feathers, please call us at (630) 949-2145 , and we'll do our best to help you.
Cindy Garland and the FancyFeather.com Team